Sunday, December 31, 2006

Christmas at the Asays

Christmas at the Asay's is guaranteed to be crazy. There were 7 kids under the age of 12 waiting kind of patiently to open there gifts. And all the adults were taking their time setting up cameras, finding batteries, eating breakfast. Sarah even left to buy a tape for her new video camera. So the kids were going a little crazy. And not to mention the amound of presents there were. I didn't get a pitcure but let me just try and describe it. The Christmas tree was in the sun room and the presents filled that entire room and were comming into the family room. You couldn't touch the tree even if you wanted to.
Once we started it was kind of a free for all. Steve just kept the presents comming. The bigger kids had boxes with their name on it for them to open a present and throw it in the box and move on to the next one that is how many there were. It was such a smart idea (Sarah, good thinking), that way nothing gets lost or confused with the other stuff.
Luc's very first gift was his new bike that was hiding under a blanket. Not such a smart move on Grandpa's part. He loved his bike so much that he wanted to go outside and ride it right then. He completely lost interest in any other toys. We finally got him to open a couple more from us. We got him the big tractors from Coscto that make sounds and move when you push a button. Well he liked those so much that he lost interest in the bike and did not open one other thing. I opened a couple for him but the rest I just put in a bag and took them home unopened. I still have one that has not been opened yet.

Joseph could care less about his toys, he loved what Luc got. So he and Luc played with the tractors all morning. It was kind of nice, as long as we heard the tractors move around we knew that they were okay. Finally when all the presents were opened he had waffles and eggs and bacon. I kind of forgot that I was on a diet. Well I didn't forget, I just ate like I wasn't, but I thought about it the whole time. It was so good, I figured it was worth gaining a few pounds back. Luckly I didn't so that made it even more enjoyable.
Ashley was so good the whole time we were opening presents. I fed her a bottle and then put her in this chair and gave her some wrapping paper and she went to town. She was so happy.


This is what it looked like after everything was opened. The kids has such a good time and came away with so much stuff.
Christmas time is my very favorite time of year but this year with the move and all I wasn't into it as much as I wanted to be. It kind of bummed me out that I wasn't enjoying it as much as I should have. I even said to David that I couldn't wait for it to be over so that I can get on with unpacking the house and get back into a routine. He was so shocked to hear me say that, I kind of was too but it was the truth. I am a much happier person when my house doesn't look like a tornado hit it.

No comments: