Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ashley is 6 months old already


I took Ashley to the doctor today for her 6 month check up. The nurse couldn't believe that she was only 6 months. And then Dr. Wilkenson was so shocked to see that she was so big. She weighs 20 pounds and she is 27 inches long. She is off the charts with both. I knew that she was a big girl, I just thought it was funny that they both had the same reactions.

I can't believe that she is so old aready. I was so anxious for her to be able to roll and crawl and sit up that I didn't cherish the newborn stage. She is definately out of that stage. I can't imagine her so little and her skin loose on her body like it was when she was a newborn. I am kind of sad that that phase is over but I love that phase that she is in. I love the little or should I say big personality that she has. I can't wait for her to crawl and be able to actually play with Luc. I could sit all day and watch them play together. Luc takes her and rolls on the ground with her and she just giggles and tries to grab for him. He is so cute with her. I know that he will love when she can actually play back.

I have discovered that she doesn't like to be cuddled and rocked to sleep. And that makes me REALLY sad. As soon as I would sit down in the rocking chair and start to rock her to sleep she would scream like I was cutting her toes off. I mean like bloody murder. And she would arch her back and squirm all around. She would finally stop when she is all sprawled out in my arms with her head turned to the side. So I finally decided today to put her in her bed and turn her music on. She didn't make a sound and she was asleep in about 5 minutes. I am glad that she is able to put herself to sleep but I really enjoy cuddling with her and having her fall asleep in my arms. I guess in the long run it is better for her. I am just sad those days are over.

2 comments:

becca said...

I missed so many posts because I stopped checking you blog all the time. I am glad you are still posting. Ashley is so cute!! What a blessing that she will put herself to sleep!!!! But I do know what you mean about being sad they don't want to cuddle!

We need to get together soon, I miss you!

Anonymous said...

I am so not savy on the internet. I should probably catch up with the times. Hmmmmm. It seems a little obverwelming when I think about it. Anyway, your blog is so darling. Ashley is a doll. It is a great way to keep everyone updated. Thanks for sharing it with me.
Jess