Thursday, October 26, 2006

OH my house!!!

This is the current state of my house!! It has been like this for the past few weeks as I have started packing. I don't know which is better- to have a clean house and pack quickly right before you move or slowly and carefully a month before and live like this. I mean we have boxes and paint samples and crap everywhere.
I am trying to pick a paint color for the whole down stairs. I am trying to pick a different color other than brown, just to have something different. I want a greenish, brownish, grayish color that is not too green or brown or gray. Can you see my dilemma? I am almost at the point of giving up hope that I can find that color and just going with a shade of brown.




We just got the keys yeaterday so hopefully some of these boxes will find their way over there soon. I am glad that I have had the time to pack and label things nicely but it is very frustrating to live in a messy house.

I am excited about this new chapter in our lives. I have learned this about living way out here in Valley Center: I am not a country girl. I used to think that I could be. The thought of is sounded nice and slow and fun but living out here for about a year I decided it is not so fun. :) Although not having your neighbors right on top of you is nice. And having a yard that is big enough to make you sweat if you ran around it is very nice especially for Luc and Jack(our dog). But giving directions that are a page long and have to words "go up the grade" and "its the first left after the sign", well thats just not for me. I wish that you can find the kind of people that you find up here somewhere a little closer to civilization.

Anyway that is enough rambling on for now. My break is over.

No comments: