Thursday, August 21, 2008

Brooke's blessing

We blessed Brooke on the first Sunday in August. Most of my family came down from Folsom, everybody but Nate and his family. It was so nice to have my little brother and sister come to visit. David did a great job on the blessing. He was worried beforehand because we keep calling her Ashley because she looks so much like Ashley did. And he didn't want to get up there and bless her Ashley. So right before he got up I had to remind him that her name is Brooke. But he did so good, he wasn't nervous (atleast I couldn't tell if he was). He said some really nice things to Brooke. And of course she looked beautiful, she was such an angel up on the stand. I really feel blessed to have so much of our family there for the blessing of my daughter. She is really a sweet girl. There are a few things that she doesn't like, like her carseat, being hungry and being alone, and she will let you know when she is not happy but for the most part she is very content with hanging on the floor looking at the ceiling fan. What is it with those fans? All my kids have liked them.
Thanks to everyone who travelled to be there with us. We love you!
These aren't the best pictures, I do intend to dress her back up and take more.






Brooke with Grandpa (my dad). She didn't mean to flip you off.





Brookes Grandma (my mom)

Ashley and Aunt Heather.
My brother Kevin and his way cute girlfriend Julia with Luc and Ashley.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kendyl said...

In the picture of you and Brooke, you look SUPER skinny! Cute pictures!

Shannon Crandall said...

You are looking awesome Sarah I am impressed!!!!! I wish we could have been there! That is funny that you reminded David that her name was Brooke but how funny would that have been if he had said Ashley!

DeCaires Family said...

You all look so good! Congrats on the blessing. I can't believe how good you look for just having a baby!

Jessica Kettle said...

oh she is SO sweet! What a pretty baby- I can't BELIEVE how much she looks like Ashley! No wonder it's hard to get her name right! BTW you look like a total hottie - you skinny girl!

Annie said...

What the heck are you doing, YOu look great. I need your diet secrets. Brooke is so cute and she looks fabulous in her blessing dress.

Seth Price said...

What a great pic of you and Brooke! Looks like good times. (c:

Alison said...

sarah, you are so beautiful! Take a new family picture too! We want to see all of you!!