Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 1 cont...

After La Defense, we went over to the Louvre, which stays open pretty late so we knew we had time to spend there. And it is a good thing we did. It is HUGE!! This picture doesn't even do it justice. We had to get a map just so we knew where we were going once we got inside and we knew how to get out. I am not a huge museum person but I can appriciate something this cool. I mean there were things in there dating back to when Christ was on the earth! And it just amazes me the size of some of these paintings, and the painted ceilings and walls, I mean, someone had to do that! Crazy! It was so cool.


This of course is the Mona Lisa. They had her sealed off in a glass window and then had ropes around her so you couldn't even get that close even if you wanted to. That was the only one that they had sealed off, which kind of suprised me because they had some of Monet's originals and the only thing keeping me from actually touching the painted canvas was a rope maybe a foot off the wall, and that was it. Well that and the fact that I am not a moron, BUT I know there are some people out there that are. It was just crazy to me that his actual painting was right there.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: