Saturday, May 12, 2007

I went to the Ellen show

My friend called me on Tuesday and said that she was going to the Ellen show on Thursday and that there was an extra ticket and asked if I wanted to go. I totally did but then when I heard that we were leaving at 10:30 and wouldn't be back until 10 or 11 at night I thought there was no way that I could find someone to watch my kids so I said no. I had told David about it and he thought I should go and told me to call his sister or mom. Well that is alot to ask of someone on such short notice. So Thursday morning rolls around and David calls me after he had left for work and said that he could be home by one and that he could do his conference call at home so I just needed to find someone until then. I called Brittany because I knew that she had the week off. It was like 9:30 in the morning, I had less than an hour to find someone but luckily she said that she would do it. It was so nice of her, she had just gotten to her friends house and she had to turn around and leave to make it here by 10:30. I had this really guilty feeling all morning. I felt bad leaving the kids with David knowing he had to work and that it would be such a long day. But he said many times that he thought I should go. And I am so glad that I did. I had such a blast. This first picture is the line that we had to wait in. They announced that there were 4 thousand people there and we were in the last 1000 there so there were atleast 3000 people ahead of us, to give you a picture of how many people were there.

The tickets that we had were just for the grass area, kind of general seating. We brought blankets because we weren't going to have seats. And the email said that no cameras were allowed so the other 3 girls left their cameras in the car but I was going to try and sneek mine in. We are standing in line waiting to get checked in and they stop the line because there are too many people on the other side of security so we had to wait for the buses to come and take all those people before we could get checked in. They said that it would be another hour and a half atleast. We had already been standing there for a couple of hours. (We had to park about a mile away and get bused in) So I see this girl that works there bringing wrist bands to people in line behind us. So I go over and see what the big deal is, WELL she is giving away seats because tons of people who had the reserved seats weren't checked in yet and they should have been. So she gave us some wrist bands and told us to go to the front of the line where the buses are and get on the next one! SO not only did we get to sit on chairs we didn't have to go through security and I still had my camera. BONUS!!

So we get to the park and they were giving away free Sub sandwiches and drinks. We had pretty good seats, We had a clear view of the stage and we were pretty close to Johnny, her DJ. It was like a dance party, We had like 2 hours before the show started and the show coordinator guy was having dance contests and besically keeping everyone entertained. About a half hour before the show started they were pulling people to sit up closer to fill the seats. Some guy came around to our seats and said that they needed six people to fill some seats and that we wouldn't be sitting next to each other. MY friend Brittany and I jump up along with 4 girls from behind us. I felt bad leaving my other two friends but I was excited to get closer. We were about 8 rows back right in the center. It was awesome.
SO enough about the long story, here are the picutures. This first one is blurry, I am bummed. I didn't want someone to see me with a camera so I tried to be sly with it and some of the pictures didn't come out.



This is Johnny. Her very cute DJ.

This is the big jumbo tron thing. We saw what the show will look like on here. I just thought it looked cool with the green and the trees behind it.

Posted by Picasa
Kelly Clarkson was the musical guest. She was pretty awesome. She sang two songs for the show but during the breaks she sang a couple more songs for us. It was cool.

No comments: