We are back!! I have mixed feeling about being back and getting back into life. We had such a good time in Hawaii. I don't even know where to begin with the stories. And all these pictures don't even put a dent in the ones that we took. We were lucky enough to have my parents join us for the first 4 days of the trip. It had been 20 something years since they came to Hawaii and we are glad that they got to come. It was really nice having them there. My mom and dad were a great help with the kids. (That wasn't the reason we invited you guys and I hope that you didn't feel like babysitters, I tried real hard not to let that happen)
Luc had a blast. I think his favorite part was feeding the birds. There are wild roosters and chickens all over the island so David would take him to feed the birds while Ashley and I took a morning nap, considering she woke up around 5 or 5:30 everyday I was just as tired as she was. The place we stayed had such a nice pool that we spent half the time there. It was easier with the kids. They designed it to look like the beach with sand and everything. Luc probably spent a good 6 to 7 hours in the pool on a couple of days. Jumping in and out of the water, he has always been such a fish and this trip was no different.
Ashley on the other hand decided that this would be the week that she started teething. She was pretty miserable the first day but then we got the medicine pumping in her and she was better. But most of her pictures she isn't smiling. The first day she was a lump on a log in my arms and only my arms, everything made her sad and she cried alot, but as the week went on she got more happy and by the third day she was shoveling sand into her mouth like it was candy whereas the first day she wouldn't even put her feet in the sand. So I knew she was feeling better.
David and I got to go out three times for a nice dinner. Two times were while my parents were here and then the third time was just us and Luc. It was really nice to spend some time with Luc not having to worry about a crying baby.
Overall it was a great vacation, it wasn't relaxing by any means with the kids but it was so much fun to see Luc learning and seeing so many new things. It is nice to be back in our house and our beds but it definately went by too fast and I wish we were still there!

2 comments:
Ya!! I love all the pictures! You guys look like you had a fun time, but I can imagine that it definatley wasn't the romantic, relaxing getaway that comes to mind when I picture Kauai!! The kids look like they had so much fun, and you all look SO TAN!!! We need to get together soon, I miss you guys!
so do you have tickets so sand point yet? i am getting soooo excited!
Post a Comment