Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Dam Church Basketball

David plays basketball every Tuesday night at the church. Last night was no different until he came home and said that he is going to the hospital because he thinks he broke some ribs and hurt his lung. So off he went to San Clemente because that was the closest hospital that took our insurance without a problem. He said that he had sharp pains on his right side and it was really hard for him to breath. Turns out he was right. Hard cracks in two of his ribs and 25% of his right lung was deflated and he should plan on a 6 week recovery period.

I don't understand why church basketball has to be so ruff. The last time David came home and said that he had to go to the hospital (yes this has happened once before) he had to have knee surgury. Dam church basketball. Pisses me off.

(sorry for the words.)

7 comments:

Brittany said...

HAHA, Im sorry to laugh because that sucks. But I couldnt help picturing him going to the hospital and them telling him it should take 6 weeks of recovery. He cant even sit still on the phone, let alone keeping it easy. I hope he feels better though, I agree with you why do they take church ball so serious? And did you have to wake the kids up to go to the hospital?

Brittany said...

Ok, this is horrible! No good! Let's ban church basketball!! Wanna? Jeremy laughed at me when I told him that I wait for a phone call every single time he goes to play ball. A phone call saying, I hurt myself, come get me, I can't drive! Every wifes nightmare! I am so sorry it happened to you!

DeCaires Family said...

Sarah, your family is so adorable! The story about your husband is hilarious! I just started a blog so ck it out, I like to be able to see what is going on with you. Keep in touch! http://thedecairesfamily.blogspot.com
Talk to you soon- Britt

Shelly said...

I hate church ball! It's like they have something to prove and getting hurt means they're super good! My man always gets hurt...he's too old to play!

Anonymous said...

That is such a bummer! Why do guys have to be so rough? Well, have fun for the next six weeks, and tell that boy to start taking some calcium pills!!

Jessica Kettle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Asay said...

Sarah I think men don't really grow up, you know boys will be boys. "silly boys" ;)