We just came home after taht so that I could clean up Brooke only to have her puke again and again. When the kids went down for their naps I loaded Brooke in the car and drove up to Mission Viejo to Kids Doc to get her checked and it was a good thing I did. They sent me home with a nebulizer and some medicine because she wasn't breathing very well. The rest of the night we just stayed home. Our friends the Pinon's came over and hung out with us. The guys tried to take the boys to see the fireworks but it was too cloudy. Cassie and I stayed home because Ashley was already asleep and Brooke was sick and we watched fireworks on TV. Luc came home all bummed that he couldn't see them and then saw that they were on TV and wondered why they just didn't stay and watch these.
Sunday, after puking everything up for an entire 24 hours we headed up to the hospital with Brooke. We dropped Luc and Ashley off at Aunt Sarah's and that was the last I saw them for 4 days. The ER ended up admitting her because her oxygen level was in the low 80's (not good) and she wasn't keeping anything down. After two tries at the IV and two tries to draw blood we were sent up to the peds ward without knowing what my poor little girl had. We ended up staying 4 days and the results came back-RSV. Everybody was so suprised. Who gets RSV in the summertime? She was put on oxygen for the first 3 days. It was so sad to see her with the tubes and tape and moniters. We got to come home wednesday afternoon and almost imediately she started throwing everthing thing up again. The sad part is is that there is nothing we can do for her. She is still getting breathing treatments to help open up her lungs but she just has to cough it up, which results in puking. I am going through outfits and blankets like no other. I just feel so bad for her. Hopefully she can get rid of this soon, it is hard to see her like this.

7 comments:
poor little baby. When my first was around 4 weeks he had croupe, lucily not RSV but I have pictures of him with the oxygen mask....so sad! I hope she gets better soon. And just for the record taking 3 kids anywhere does qualify you for mom of the year in my opinion. I have no clue how i am going to do it.
Poor Brooke...I hope it all gets better for her soon. It's awful feeling like a helpless parent. Hang in there!
Oh my gosh... so sorry you guys and little Brooke has to go through that. I hope that she gets over it soon. It is always heartbreaking when a little baby is so sick. Good luck!
Sorry to hear your baby has RSV. I wonder how they get it in the summertime? I would have left my baby in the puke also especially if it meant we could still eat out! I'm bad too
Sarah, my heart honestly hurts for you guys. YOu are one tough cookie to being going through all of this and staying sane. I would be in a heap on the floor and would have flooded the pediatric ward with my tears.
I am thinking of you adn wishing there was something I could do for you. I hope Brooke and Ashley are feeling better and that you are getting some sleep!! I miss you!
Oh Sarah! I hope it gets better for you! I miss seeing you and can't wait to see your new baby!
OK you can have mom of the year this year but I get it back next year.
Post a Comment