Monday, October 13, 2008

A little too close

This first picture is of the back gate at Camp Pendalton. I took these pictures from my bedroom adn office windows up stairs. We evacuated with bags of close and our dog(yes, Brittany, we took Jack!) and headed down to our friends house which turned out to be not as safe as we thought. The fire kept moving down the mountian. As of right now 9:15 pm we are back at our house with the horrible smell of smoke filling our house but no threat of actual fire. It has moved past us but concidering they are not letting people back into their houses means we are not out of the woods yet. But for now we are good! I will keep you updated.





2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my gosh...so sorry. That is really scary. I am glad you are back in your house!

Laura Ek said...

Whoa!! Hope everything is ok! Those are some scary pictures! Keep us posted!!