That peace only lasted about an hour when he woke up crying. He still looked so beat up, his eyes were still red and splotchy. He then proceeded to cry for another half hour or so. I don't think he knew why he was crying, he was just so exhausted he didn't know what to do with himself. I think the fact that we didn't give him any warning that he was going to loose his paci's made it worse. I think that we did it so fast scared me too. I have an attachment to those darn pacifiers too. They are so convienent and easy to use to fix and problem. I only used them for nap time and bed time but knowing they were there helped in some way. And now I have this scared feeling because they are gone. Weird, I know! David tried to take Ashley's away too but I put my foot down.
Then night time came around and I was terrified to put him to bed and worried that he would wake up in the middle of the night crying.....but he didn't. None of that happened. He was asleep about 5 minutes after I put him in there. But I thought for sure that he would wake up during the night...he didn't do that either. He slept all night. And today for his nap he asked for one and I said no then he said "paci's go bye bye" and I said "yes Luc is a big boy now" and he went right down with out a word. Heavenly Father really answered that prayer. I prayed all afternoon long that this transition for Luc would go smoothly and it did. I feel so blessed. I was such a little thing but such a big thing for me and I know it was a big thing for Luc. It just makes me realize how big he really is. I am so proud of him. And then today he asked to go potty and he went potty. He kind of lost interest in the whole potty thing for a couple of months so I stopped pushing. So maybe that is the next step. But for sure after my trip to Folsom!!
I had such a fun time on Saturday night. Brittany called some of my girlfriends to go out to dinner for my birthday. (Which is on Wednesday) She even told David that he had to stay home and watch the kids. I had such a good time. We went to Macaroni Grill. While we were waiting there was this other group of women a lot older than us gathering together. It reminded me of my mom and her friends. They were all dressed nice and out with just the girls. I loved watching them and their reaction when another one showed up. Like they were college friends they haden't seen in awhile. I really hope that I have that. Whenwe got out of dinner I of course called to check on the kids, David said they were both asleep and everything went well so Brittany, Jessica and I went to the mall. Everything was closed except Macys so we hurried and got in before it closed too. Brittany bought me a pair of boots. They are really cute.
On another note. I have 4 1/2 days left to pack up the remainder of my house and pack my bags for Folsom. I know it will be done, it has to but I just don't see how. I need to do laundry and then pack the bags for the kids and myself and then everything else can be packed. I still need to get into the kids room and undecorate. I am very excited to move this time. We have been to our new ward a few times and I think we will really like it. There are a lot of young couples which makes me happy. I am also very excited to go to Folsom. I will be there a week and a half. I fly out on Saturday and David will meet me there on Wednesday and then we both fly back on Tuesday. I am excited for Heather and Kevin to finally meet Ashley.
1 comment:
OH Sarah, what a nightmare! If it had been that hard with either of my girls I couldn't have done it! I am glad he is doing well now! Tell David that there is nothing wrong with Ashley having a paci, even if she screams when she is two and you take it away....isn't a couple tough days worth TWO years of having an instant quieting and calming device!!?? I hope today is better for you!
I had so much fun Sat. night! If I had known you were going shopping I would have stayed too! I thought for sure the mall would be closed! Brandon put the girls down at 6:30, said they both fell right to sleep and then HE fell asleep and did not wake up until I called him to tell him I was on my way!! Not such a bad night for him huh? Fun to get boots!! I'm jealous, I need new shoes!
Post a Comment