I had such a wonderful birthday yesterday. David gave me a card yesterday morning that said I needed to pack a bag and be ready to go by 5. It said that I had a massage at 5:45 and dinner to follow and that the rest of the night was up to me. And on the other side of the card David scanned in a hundred dollar bill and said to go shopping and find some jeans that I loved. How exciting! The whole day was just awesome. The kids were good and we actually had a great day all day. Neither of them threw a tantrum or cried. I got quite a bit of packing done. Although we are not fully moving on Saturday so not everything needs to be packed before I go on Saturday.
So we went to Harrah's, it is about 10 minutes from where we live. I went and had my massage. It was a 50 minute swedish massage. The spa was so nice and peaceful. I could have stayed there all day if David wasn't waiting for me to go to dinner. I realized that I really need to do that more often. They are not that expensive and totally worth it even if they were. It doesn't matter that I am still 25 pounds overweight I came out of there feeling so good about myself and so ready to take on anything. So that in itself is worth every penny because that is the only time that happens.
While I was getting my massage David went around and checked everything out. He signed up for some frequent player club thing to get coupons or something. One of the things he got was $20 to gamble with. So of course he does and he walks away with $200. So he was very happy when I met up with him.
We had come to a restaurant here for our Anniversary and didn't really like it so we decided to check out the buffet. Ya I know, a buffet, but it was actually really good. They had shrimp and crab legs and salmon. They had everything, and it was all pretty good, atleast the stuff that I ate was. They had so many good deserts. It was so good to spend some time with David. He has been so busy with the new house and with work that I haven't really seen him for two weeks or so. And when he is home he is either working or passed out somewhere. It was awesome. I took a relaxing bath with jets. And oh ya, we got bumped up to a suite because the only room they had left when we got there was a smoking room, so that was an added bonus.
It was a nice night. I missed that kids but I didn't worry because Brittany and Joe were watching them and I knew nothing would happen that they couldn't handle. It is such a relief when you know your kids are safe while you are gone.

I am changing subjects now. Ashley had her 4 month checkup on Tuesday. She is 16 1/2 pounds. She is 90% in height and 96% in weight. The doctor said that she looks great and she is very strong for her age. I asked her if she thought that Ashley was too fat because David thinks she is. And of course the doctor said no. I told her that she has been waking up during the night(which isn't normal for her, she has been sleeping through the night since she was about 1 month old) and she seems more hungry during the day. So I started her on rice cereal. She loves it. I was feeding her today and she started crying when it was all gone and I walked away. I made her alittle bit more and she was so happy. I think that she will really enjoy eating, just like her mother. She is at such a fun stage right now where she is doing new things everyday. I am really excited to go home and show her off.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday! Did you get the voicemail message??? HaHaHa
I am so glad that you had a great day.
So cute Sarah!! I didn't know you had even posted about your bday! Glad you had a great day! HOpe Thanksgiving was fun!
Post a Comment